No matter which type of event you are hosting, on the day
of your signature fundraising event, you will need to plan for the following.
You, your event committee wand some of
your volunteers will need to arrive early to setup the registration tables,
route and event start area.
1. Be sure your route is properly marked
2. Ice down beverages as needed
3. Organize food and drink stations
throughout the route and use portable sun shelters where needed
4. Be sure portable toilet facilities are
delivered and ready for use (if necessary)
5. Display Prizes for public viewing by
6. Setup Public Address or DJ area
7. Organize registration area and prepare
8. Give direction to your professional
helpers such as local police, paramedics, ambulance crew, and DJ as needed.
and Start Event
Some groups may start their event with
a prayer or blessing. Speak to your
participants about route information, restroom locations and first aid
locations and any details that may be particular to your event. Be sure to cover post event
During the Event
the route in a golf cart to monitor event activities.
volunteers happy by delivering water and replacements.
food and water stations when needed
Prepare for Awards
During the event, tabulate laps and
donations for awarding prizes and ribbons.